I am a cloud technologist, learner, problem solver, fitness junkie, health enthusiast, coffeeholic, and corgi addict. I have eight years of professional experience working with Linux, including six as an OpenStack / DevOps Engineer. I enjoy tinkering with all things technology, ranging from home automation to eliminating repetitive tasks with CI/CD, Ansible, and Terraform.
Technical Account Manager
@Amazon Web Services
May 2020 - Present
- Coming soon
OpenStack Engineer I, II, III
Sept 2015 - May 2020
- Developed a cloud-native OpenStack observability product leveraging Kubernetes, Prometheus, Alertmanager, and Grafana.
- Served as the Product Owner and SME of the Rackspace Private Cloud Ansible-based monitoring platform, yielding telemetry and observability of OpenStack services with a focus on a provider-centric fleet view.
- Separated monitoring platform from the broader OpenStack product to allow rapid fix integration. Achieved lowest reported volume of operational alarms in two years with a 40% increased device footprint.
- Automated and dynamically generated runtime variables and deployment mechanisms, which significantly reduced deployment complexities.
- Collaborated with customers to troubleshoot and resolve operational OpenStack issues.
OpenStack Implementation Engineer
Dec 2014 - Sept 2015
- Performed quality control of server hardware, operating systems, and networking configurations deployed to an OpenStack-powered cloud solution.
- Established QC standards and automation mechanisms, increasing deployment accuracy and decreasing customer handoff time by 50%.
Linux Administrator I, II
Nov 2012 - Dec 2014
- Provided Fanatical Support to Linux-based customers operating various applications and services in both dedicated and public cloud hosting solutions.
M.S. in Information Technology, University of Texas, San Antonio
B.B.A. in Information Systems, University of Texas, San Antonio
The CliftonStrengths assessment helped identify the underlying themes that define me as an individual. I was fortunate to realize this shortly after venturing into the workplace. With this knowledge, I can embrace the natural talents that make me who I am. The themes below are my top six ranked elements from the personal assessment that highlight my individualized strengths.
You love to learn – and you love to help others learn, which makes you a natural teacher. You individualize your approach so others can learn in the way that best suits them.
You likely have an innate intensity and drive that enables you to get a lot done and set your team’s pace.
You do what you say you are going to do. Others can count on you to follow through.
You set clear expectations – for yourself, your team as a whole, and each team member. Standards are uniformly defined, and metrics are clear.
Your authenticity makes you someone people naturally trust. You keep confidences well, and as such, you can be a guide, adviser, and mentor.
You are a logical thinker. You gather facts and information, and as such, you make sound decisions.